With the advancement of the “plastic ban” step by step, the use of paper straws is now more and more extensive, but because many friends do not know it well, so everyone still has some doubts about its safety, then it Is it safe? In fact, as long as we buy a regular product and use it in the correct way, it is very safe. How should it be purchased and used? The editor gave you an introduction in the article, friends who are interested in this aspect, hurry up and have a look in the article!
Is the paper straw safe?
1. The main safety risks of paper straws are as follows: First, harmful substances that may exist during use migrate into food; second, there may be microbial contamination during product circulation.
2. my country has special food safety control standards for paper and paperboard, which control the safety of food contact paper and paperboard in terms of raw material requirements, sensory requirements, physical and chemical indicators, microbial limits, additive requirements, and labeling requirements.
3. In addition, if adhesives and inks are used in the products, they must comply with the corresponding national food safety standards. Ensure that when the product is in contact with food under normal use, the substances that migrate into the food do not harm human health, do not cause changes in the food composition, structure, color, flavor and other properties, and do not produce technical functions on the food.
4. Under normal circumstances, if the manufacturer uses compliant production raw materials, adds compliant additives, the production process is compliant, and the paper straw terminal product produced meets the national food safety standards, and the circulation is pollution-free, then its product It is generally relatively safe, and consumers can buy with confidence.
How to choose and use paper straws?
1. How to buy
You should choose compliant products produced by regular manufacturers, and focus on checking whether the product labels or instructions are complete, including the product name, material, and safety standards that comply with, the manufacturer’s name, address and contact information, production date and use date, etc. is it complete.
2, how to use
(1) When using, carefully read the label or manual, and use it strictly in accordance with the product description. The use time should be short to avoid the precipitation of harmful substances and the change of the product itself after prolonged contact.
(2) Try not to store products that are too cold or too hot, and the use temperature should not exceed 50 ℃. During the use process, you should avoid bad habits, such as biting the straw, so as not to produce debris or debris to contaminate the food.